


Katie is now 9 weeks pregnant. This has really been such a struggle for us and we are always hoping that the pregnancy will stay in good condition. We found out September 2nd, So we have known for a month now. I still remember that day. I awoke that morning before school and Katie was already up getting ready. For some reason I kept thinking she was taking another pregnancy test. She had taken one on day 25 of her cycle and it was negative so we were already planning for the next month, still wondering why it didn't work. We have diligently done everything in out power. Katie just had her second laparoscopy and last year a D&C because of her miscarriage. I had a weird feeling that morning.. We went to school and I kept thinking about it. I didn't say anything to Katie and our day went on. Afterwards, I went and picked Katie up after class and on our drive home, we started talking about Katie's progesterone results. Katie talked to Vicki our nurse. Usually they like to see the level at at least 15 but Katie's was at 34. We didn't want to get our hopes up but before we got home, we decided to try our luck one more time and we stopped at Walgreens to get another pregnancy test. We were so scared! There is a 3 minute waiting period after you take the test and we were too afraid to look. It was such a long few minutes but I kept trying to comfort Katie and I told her I would be right there for her. I had just received such a calming feeling and Katie went in and looked. she glanced back at me instantly with a smile and tears in her eyes. I will never forget that look. It was beautiful! That was one of the happiest days of my life!
We had a scare at 6 weeks and went in for an ultrasound. It was scary and intense. We didn't want to relive what we went through last year. We just had prayers in our hearts. Before we go there, I had expressed to Katie that I had suddenly received a calming feeling. I had been looking at ultrasound pictures so I kind of knew what to look for. When I looked on screen, I saw the little bud of growth and it was awesome. Then we waited for the heart. That was the scariest part. Then I saw it flutter. Tears filled my eyes and Katies! The heart rate was 111 bpm. They told us that they like it higher so they wanted us to come back next week. She told us not to worry because it was normal for it to be a little low then get faster but we still owrried. The next week went by and it seemed so long but we made it and I still had a good feeling. The baby came on screen and I saw the heart fluttering so that relieved me, but Katie was worried because she couldn't see it. the heart rate this time was 140 bpm and that was such a great experience. The next week was our appointment with Dr. Quinn but what a surprise, he was at a delivery. Katie still had her blood taken. 6 vials worth, and then we met Vicki and she had us sign all our paperwork and asked us if we wanted an ultrasound since we were there. I said yes and we went in. Our third week in a row and the baby was still on schedule and healthy so far. The heart rate was a lot faster at 167 bpm. I was so thankful we officially made it past where we thought we were last year. I am so happy and I love Katie----- Ammon
I still remember the moment that Ammon and I found out we were pregnant. I was so scared to look at the pregnancy test. I didn't want to fall into the deep sadness that came with a negative. It seemed like everything was pointing to me being pregnant but I had convinced myself I was pregnant before and was disappointed. But still... It was day 30 of my cycle, my progesterone level was very high, showing that I ovulated, I just had surgery to remove endometriosis, and the timing felt right because I would be done with school by the due date. I lied on my bed telling Ammon that I was too afraid to look at the test. I told him to look, then I decided that I didn't want him to tell me bad news. I couldn't bear to see it in his eyes. So finally I got the courage to look and couldn't believe what I saw. It said "pregnant". I turned to Ammon and he could tell right away. We embraced each other and cried. It was such a great moment. ----Katie
0 comments:
Post a Comment